Marauder's Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauder's Realm

7th Year for our Marauder's. It's time to choose your side.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
It's August 1, 1977! Hogwarts is still closed to everyone! We have blue skies and it's surprisingly warm. So everyone should go out and enjoy the nice fresh air while we still can. Shops will be open soon so students may purchase their supplies
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Latest topics
» Affiliation Application
 Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:37 am by Guest

» Sorting Hat Quiz
 Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:04 am by Merci D'Everitt

» One Peice Revival - New RP Forum
 Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:28 pm by Guest

» Potter's Army
 Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:54 am by Guest

» Dark Futures
 Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:03 am by Guest

» Celebrity Claim
 Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:32 pm by Odette Cambry

» Aerodynamic! (Grand Re-Opening!)
 Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:33 pm by Guest

» Naomi Night
 Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:35 am by Naomi Night

» ShadowHenge Academy
 Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 4:41 pm by Guest

Photobucket
|| Hogwarts Staff || 3 : 1
|| Students || 12 : 2
|| Gryffindor || 5 : 2
|| Hufflepuff || 3 : 1
|| Ravenclaw || 3 : 0
|| Slytherin || 3 : 0
|| Ministry Workers || 0 : 0
|| Shopkeepers || 0 : 0
|| Healers || 0 : 1
|| Reporters || 0 : 0
|| Uni Students || 0 : 0
|| Misc || 0 : 1
|| Totals || 15 : 5
Top posters
Katherine Marie Miller
 Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED I_vote_lcap Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED I_voting_bar Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED I_vote_rcap 
Joclynn Lyra Aurora
 Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED I_vote_lcap Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED I_voting_bar Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED I_vote_rcap 
Remus Lupin
Sirius Black
Drusilla Forman
Mary McDonald
Adeline Maurice
Silvia Stinton
Regulus Black
James Potter
Professors
Acting
OPEN
Ancient Runes
OPEN
Ancient Studies
Blake Cartier
Animagus
Mickey Goodfield
Arithmancy
OPEN
Art
OPEN
Astronomy
Audrina Kerrigan
Care of Magical Creatures
OPEN
Charms
OPEN
Dancing
Brinleigh Cross
Defense Against the Dark Arts
OPEN
Dueling
OPEN
Divination
Caleb Voyde
Economics
OPEN
Flying
OPEN
Ghoul Studies
OPEN
Herbology
OPEN
History of Magic
OPEN
Languages
OPEN
Latin
OPEN
Muggle Studies
OPEN
Music
OPEN
Mythology
Ylenia Greengrass
Philosophy
OPEN
Physical Education
Michelle Woodhouse
Poetry and Literature
OPEN
Potions
OPEN
Transfiguration
OPEN
Photobucket
Photobucket

Vote HERE daily on topsites

Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

Galleons : 1146

Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED Empty
PostSubject: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Remus entered the practically empty book store eagerly. He found his school books easily enough before he started browsing the others for a book to read for fun-he read a lot more than his friends, a fact that they quite enjoyed teasing him about. But he quite enjoyed it, so he searched the shelves anyways.

Last edited by Remus Lupin on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joclynn Lyra Aurora

Joclynn Lyra Aurora

Galleons : 1460

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:29 pm

Joc had gone to the bookstore with the intention of finding a book or two for her younger sisters while they were at their parent's shop, but found herself just browsing the shelves. She heard the bell ring announcing someone's entrance she looked up and immediately recognized Remus Lupin. She didn't really know him so she just went on browsing the stacks.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:39 pm

Remus quickly became absorbed in the process of finding books, so he didn't notice the girl hiding amonst the shelves...Until he almost ran into her ans he scanned the titles of the book on the shelf before her, his fingers tracing along their binidings as he did so. He blushed when he realized there was someone right next to him, feeling rather rude for not having greeted her earlier. He let his hand drop down to stretch out his hand to her, and greeted, "Hello...I'm Remus." Of course, he was aware that most people knew this, either because he was a prefect or because he was always with James and Sirius. But it was laways polite to introduce one's self.
Back to top Go down
Joclynn Lyra Aurora

Joclynn Lyra Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Joc noticed a hand on the book bindings in front of her then heard Remus’ greeting as he held out his hand. She took a step back so they weren’t standing on top of each other, “Hi Remus, I’m Joclynn,” she said taking his hand but forgetting that one typically shakes hands in greeting. She had been surprised to that he had gotten so close without her noticing and had forgotten herself in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:53 pm

"Um..." Remus said after he'd simply held the Joclynn's hand for several moments. He pulled his hand back after what seemed a reasonable-and awkward-time. He then cleared his throat slightly and said with a laugh, "Sorry about...um, the whole almost running into you thing."
Back to top Go down
Joclynn Lyra Aurora

Joclynn Lyra Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:04 am

Joc turned bright red and covered her mouth when she came back to reality. “Oh Merlin, I’m sorry!” she exclaimed. “Really you’re fine I just kinda lost myself.” Joc didn’t know what to do, she couldn’t believe what she had just done. “So…” she said awkwardly, “What brings you to the bookstore on such a lovely day?”
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:07 am

Remus shrugged. "Oh, it's quite all right..." He then moved on from the somewhat awkward topic, and said with a tone of seriousness, "Well...the books, He then grinned and added, "As well as the school supply list." He motioned towards the stack of books he held in one arm with his free hand, though there were clearly a few that weren't called for on the supply list laying on top.
Back to top Go down
Joclynn Lyra Aurora

Joclynn Lyra Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:12 am

Joc took a breath and relaxed. She smiled as he kinda joked with her. “School doesn’t start for a month what do you need school books for?” she teased. She noticed a few books that she didn’t recognize from the school supply list sitting on top, “Whats this?” she asked motioning to them.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:16 am

"Preperation..." Remus admitted, hoping Joclynn wouldn't make fun of him for this as much as his friends did. "And more books." He answered with a grin. "Those are just for fun, though." He added honestly, though he had a feeling he'd regret it.
Back to top Go down
Joclynn Lyra Aurora

Joclynn Lyra Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:26 am

“A month in advance, you don’t play around do you? I don’t plan on getting mine for another few weeks, don’t care to have them lying around.” Joc chuckled when Remus said he had the extra books for fun. “I’m sorry to say but from when I think of the Marauders that’s the last thing I’d think to hear from one. What are you reading anyway?” She asked sincerely.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:35 am

Remus laughed, but nodded. He was well aware that his friends didn't read much...either for the fun of it, or school-of course, they generally got high marks anyways, being the brilliant kids they were, as much as they acted otherwise...well, toher than Peter. "Yah, well." He said with a shrug. He then walked the short distance to a table and put his stack of books down so he could show Joclynn the two books on top, glad that she didn't seem like she was going to tease him to death about them. He hald up the books for her, one labeled Creatures of The Dark and the other Flying With Sragons. "This one's just a simple defense against the dark arts book," Remus explained, motioning at the first one. Truth was, though, it was actually a very complex defense against the dark arts book, and he was just being modest. He then pointed at the other one and said, "This one's fictional, about a dragontamer who had to train this dragon to fight in a war."
Back to top Go down
Joclynn Lyra Aurora

Joclynn Lyra Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:44 am

Joc was glad that Remus hadn’t taken offense to statement. Joc picked up the books he showed her and noticed the DADA book he had shown her was anything but simple. “What exactly is your definition of simple, sir,” she teased him. The Flying With Dragons book he’d shown her didn’t really strike her fancy so she just put it down and waited for his reply.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:56 am

"Elementary, or easily understood," Remus said with a tone of mock innocence that suggested he had no clue that he was now being rather boastful. "Why?" He asked, as though he had no clue what she could have meant by her question.
Back to top Go down
Joclynn Lyra Aurora

Joclynn Lyra Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:27 am

“I asked how you defined simple not the Webster Dictionary definition, and I asked because this is anything but simple.” She picked up the DADA book. “I can’t say that I’ve seen some of the material in here.” She said as she looked through it again.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Remus laughed. "Well, perhaps it's more like stuff I'd have to learn if I whent into training for defense against the dark arts," He admitted.
Back to top Go down
Joclynn Lyra Aurora

Joclynn Lyra Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:10 pm

“Is that what you wanna do after school?” She quickly realized that she didn’t know him well enough to ask that. “Sorry, I’m losing myself again. Feel free to ignore me.” She started wringing her hands and noticed the note she had written on her hand earlier to remind her of the books for the girls. “Merlin,” she muttered under her breath, she hoped Remus didn’t hear her since it had nothing to do with him.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Remus shrugged. "No, it's fine...and I'm not sure...I guess so." He answered. the truth was, he definitly did-he either wanted to become and auror or come back to Hogwarts and teach it. The only problem was that he doubted he'd be able to get a job after leaving Hogwarts, or even recieve training for one. He sighed, hating the idea of this being his last year at Hogwarts...his last year safe from other's prejudices against werewolves.
Remus was relieved to be torn out of his own thoughts by Joclynn's quiet exclemation. "What's wrong?" He asked with concern.
Back to top Go down
Joclynn Lyra Aurora

Joclynn Lyra Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Joc smiled when she realized that her question hadn’t bothered him. “Oh, I saw my note,” she picked up her hand and showed him. “My sisters stay at my parents shop a lot and I wanted to get them a couple books to keep them occupied.” Her note was in her own shorthand so she explained to him what it meant.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:30 pm

"Oh," Lupin said with a nod. "That's nice of you." He added with a smile. After having the list explained to him, he offered, "Want help finding them?"
Back to top Go down
Joclynn Lyra Aurora

Joclynn Lyra Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Joc returned his smile. “Sure. I don’t really have anything in particular in mind. They’re nine and love animals, my parents thought they may like some activity books but I was thinking more stories or the like, have to influence the next generation of readers all I can.”
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Remus chuckled at that, but then nodded. "Animals...Any specifically?" He asked, his eyes scanning the shelves as he spoke. Over the last seven years, he'd been quite accustumed to the shop, and was pretty sure he could find any book Joclynn wanted if they could only think of one.
Back to top Go down
Joclynn Lyra Aurora

Joclynn Lyra Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:51 pm

“The usual; cats, dogs, rabbits, etcetera, harmless fluffy things that little girls can’t resist.” She noticed that Remus seemed to change somehow as he scanned the shelves, he seemed to be in his element. She smiled to herself and joined him in scanning the shelves.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:01 pm

"Hmmm..Finctional or non?" he asked,m now pondering two differant areas of the store, both about simple animals that were known to muggles, but one was full of factual books, the other cutsy fictional ones were the animals could speak, and such.
Back to top Go down
Joclynn Lyra Aurora

Joclynn Lyra Aurora

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:06 pm

“One of each I think. Rose is more about the facts and Mary likes to have the occasional escape from reality.” She was glad to have his help, she could have done it herself but not without getting lost in her own mind and this way was quicker and they could resume their conversation sooner.
Back to top Go down
Remus Lupin

Remus Lupin

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:13 pm

Remus nodded, and headed over to the nonfiction section first, easily locating the area on muggle-known animals. He scanned a few of the books, and found a couple by authors he knew and liked. "Think she'd want a book of facts-like world records about how high a rabbit can jump-or more like what happens throughout the rabbit's life?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED    Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED Empty

Back to top Go down

Bookworm In the Bookshop (PG-13) CLOSED
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Marauder's Realm :: Diagon Alley :: Flourish and Blotts-
Jump to: